The Kearny County Commission will meet in regular session Monday September 15, 2014 @ 8:00 a.m. in the Kearny County Courthouse
We invite you to discover the wonderful life opportunity in Kearny County Kansas. Here you’ll find all the benefits of modern life but in a safe and comfortable small town atmosphere.
If you are planning a move to Southwest Kansas, the cities of Lakin and Deerfield have much to offer including top-rated school systems, a beautiful golf course, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, free fitness centers, shooting range, hunting, fishing and much more. Even better, you are less than 30 minutes from Garden City with dozens of restaurants, entertainment venues and major shopping chains.
You should keep in mind that new residents in Kearny County may qualify for financial incentive programs (Rural Opportunity Zone) that include Kansas Income Tax Waivers and Student Loan Repayments. In addition, the Neighborhood Revitalization Program offers incentives for citizens and businesses for substantially upgrading, adding to or building new properties in the county.
Browse our website using the top navigation bar and you’ll quickly discover why Kearny County really is a Wonderful Life Opportunity!
For more information please take a look at the Kearny County Brochure or you may watch the video below.
There’s something special about life in rural Kansas. Something authentic and wholesome. Something that makes it the ideal place to live, work and raise a family. And thanks to the new Rural Opportunity Zones program, there’s never been a better time than now to make rural Kansas your new home. If you’re looking for lower cost of living and better quality of life, Kansas is your best choice.
Kearny County is one of the 50 counties that have been authorized to offer one or both of the following financial incentives to new full-time residents:
- Kansas income tax waivers for up to five years
- Student loan repayments up to $15,000
To be eligible for Kansas income tax waivers, individuals must have:
- established residency in a ROZ county on or after July 1, 2011
- lived outside Kansas for five or more years immediately prior to establishing residency in a ROZ county
- earned less than $10,000 in Kansas Source Income in each of the five years immediately prior to establishing residency in a ROZ county
To be eligible for student loan repayments, individuals must:
- establish residency in a ROZ county after July 1, 2011 and on or after the date on which the county opts-in to the student loan program
- hold an associate’s, bachelor’s or post-graduate degree
- have an outstanding student loan balance
For more information about the Rural Opportunity Zones program including frequently asked questions, forms and contact information click here.