The Kearny County Bank
Though the Kearny County Bank has been around for more than 115 years it has had numerous owners. In 1904 the original organizers sold the bank to local residents. In 1935, the Deerfield State Bank which was under common ownership with the Kearny County Bank was merged and the Deerfield State Bank was closed. Until 1946 the bank was owned by local residents when a majority share was sold to the owners of the Garden National Bank with the Campbell family retaining its minority interest. At that time, the Lakin State Bank was merged into the Kearny County Bank.